Sunday 17 February 2013

1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

I was reading an article the other day, about another album I am going to write a review of on this blog another day (it was Close to the Edge, if you're curious!), and the article mentioned that the album had been included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. So I looked up the book, and, in the blurb about the list, there was the link to a website that actually not only lists each of the albums, but has a link that allows you to play each album! How excellent, I thought!
 
So, I thought I'd quickly share the link with you all, so here it is: 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die
 
The list starts in 1955 with In the Wee Small Hours by Frank Sinatra, and goes almost right up to  present day (2005) with Get Behind Me Satan from The White Stripes, and covers an amazing assortment of music.  Sure - there's a lot of stuff you would expect to see - The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, etc, etc - but there's also a huge number of albums I am sure you'll be surprised about, and, like me, there'll be a few you will never have heard of!
 
Just click on an album to play it - and enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment